"......inbued with honesty and enthused with youthful exuberance. We love it." - Wonderland
"......silky smooth vocals that spin widely relatable tales." - Consequence of Sound
For Fans of...Daughter, Lucy Rose, Fenne Lily
Maria Kelly continues to tackle mental health head-on with her latest poignant release, Dark Places. The single is a very literal look at depression, of not recognising yourself, distancing yourself from others and convincing yourself that they don’t really care. “Although its lyrical content is quite dismal, writing Dark Places was incredibly therapeutic for me,” explains Maria. “It was important for me to really look at that side of myself and to not shy away from it. By acknowledging and talking about it, it became a tangible thing that I could attempt to deal with, rather than feeling trapped in my head.”
Not so dark places...
• Dark Places premiered exclusively on Nialler9.
• It is part of a AA-side single, along with Small Talk, which premiered on The Line of Best Fit.
• Check out Maria Kelly performing Small Talk live at Dlight Studios.
• Catch Kelly live at her vinyl launch show on 25th April 2018 at The Workman's Club, Dublin - Tickets
• Kelly has previously supported the likes of James Vincent McMorrow, KT Tunstall and Paul Noonan.
"...powerful indie-rock..." - Punktastic
"...raw and dynamic energy..." - Get In Her Ears
For Fans of...PJ Harvey, Blood Red Shoes, The Joy Formidable, Led Zeppelin
Power duo Leisure Tank have shared the new video for their quick tempo single Higher. The track conveys the twisted feeling one gets when someone tells a one sided, self-pitying break up story. Combining K.C McKanzie’s dynamic vocal and energetic guitar riffs with Budi’s pulsating drum beats, Higher is something both distinctive and undeniably catchy.
• The video for Higher premiered exclusively on Loud Women.
• Higher originally premiered on Punktastic.
•Leisure Tank have a show at Dublin Castle in London on the 26th April - Find tickets here.
"...delivers the kind of acoustic aspirations that seek reunions & homecomings to those special places both real & imagined with heart."
- Impose Magazine
"...Something very, very special" - Lauren Laverne, BBC 6 Music
For Fans of...Iron & Wine, Jeff Buckley, Sufjan Stevens
The Magic Lantern - the musical moniker of Jamie Doe - has now shared the beautifully shot video for Lydia, featuring living legend, Lavinia Co-op. Reminiscent of the personal, oblique narrative songs of Elliot Smith and hushed intimacy of Sufjan Stevens, Lydia demonstrates Jamie’s undeniable conviction. The video was directed by Adam Greves and Adam Lawson.
The magic of words...
• The video for Lydia premiered exclusively on Huh and the track originally premiered on Folk Radio UK.
• Lavinia was born in Hackney and trained as a dancer, where she was part of the UK drag troupe, Bloolips.
• Among many other accomplishments, Lavinia was involved in the Gay Liberation Front and starred in Bat for Lashes' video for Laura.
• Lavinia will be performing a solo show about her life at the Southbank Centre in May.
Singer songwriter Scott Swain prepares to release his captivating and compelling debut EP, Goodbye Country, Goodbye Home next month. Inspired by the controversial topic of Brexit, Swain has also created an alternative dimension; each song is about a particular film that has inspired him. With shades of The National and Radiohead, each track has something undeniably unique to offer and yet Swain’s powerful lead vocal remains a welcoming constant.
• Goodbye Country, Goodbye Home is out on 20th May 2018 via Resonating Wood Recordings.
• Lead single It's Too Late is inspired by the French film Irréversible.
• Catch Scott Swain live at the following dates.
"...beautifully sculpted vignettes with a cinematic sheen."- Clash
"...they’ve mastered a beautifully haunting sound..."- M Magazine
Long-Distance have shared the simple yet heartwarming new video for their single Be a Man. Lead singer Scott Gibbins explains “Be a Man is about dealing with grief and trying to fill those shoes as a family unit. It is also a thank you to my mother, for helping me learn how to support her now her husband is gone.” All profits from this single will be given to the Simon Community Scotland charity.
Going the Distance...
• The video for Be a Man premiered exclusively on Clash.
•The audio for Be a Man originally premiered on PRS For Music's M Magazine.
• Long-Distance will be on tour supporting Larkins and Noah Noah on 14th April 2018 at Broadcast, Glasgow - Tickets.